India Teacher Tour
Pay It Forward Tours is pleased to announce our collaboration with internationally respected educator, Annette Udall. We offer you a life-changing opportunity to take part in a unique travel and teaching experience. This teacher tour is one of two International Learning Observations Tours that allow travellers to participate in classroom visits facilitated by Annette Udall.
Do you have a passion for teaching? If you are a teacher, school leader or education professional, we highly recommend taking part in our International Learning Observations- I:Rounds tour. Our tours offer participants 25 hours of Teacher Elective Professional Development towards maintenance of accreditation at Proficient, Highly Accomplished and Lead.
During your 10 day tour of Incredible India, you will take part in the Instructional rounds process, but the magic doesn't stop there. You will also explore the beauty and culture of Delhi, Jaipur and Agra.
Some important information:
- This tour will commence in Delhi. Please ensure you arrive at least one day prior to the commencement of the tour.
- If you are an Australian teacher or educator, travel and tour costs may be fully tax deductible. Please see your financial advisor for further information and advice. After full payment is made, you will receive a full invoice as proof of purchase for tax purposes.
- All travellers must show documentation relating to Covid-19 travel requirements.
- If you are wishing to share accommodation with another adult, you are required to book as an 'adult'.
- If you do not wish to share accommodation, please book under 'single traveller'. This will require you to pay a single traveller supplement.
- As this tour visits organisations that work with children, we require all travellers to complete a Working with Children Check prior to commencement of travel.
- 20% will be charged 90 days prior to the commencement of the tour.
- 50% will be charged 65 days prior to the commencement of the tour.
- 100% will be charged 35 days prior to the commencement of the tour.
Please arrive by 9:30 AM for a departure at 10:00 AM.
Approximately 10:00 AM.
Conservative clothing, hat and light jacket, Professional, conservative clothing for School visits
4/5 Star Accommodation
Meals as listed in itinerary
Activities as listed in itinerary
Flights, personal spending, tips, taxes
India 10 day Itinerary
Arrive in the incredible city of Delhi. Let your senses awaken as you make your way to the hotel.
Meet for a quiet chai and a "get to know you" chat at 1:30pm in the hotel cafe with your fellow travellers.
Head to Old Delhi to soak in the rich culture and history by taking a walking tour through its narrow lanes and bazaars. Visit India Gate and Jama Masjid.
After breakfast, travel to a local school. Experience life in an Indian classroom. Take part in International Learning Observations: Instructional Rounds. Meet amazing teachers and become immersed in this unique professional learning experience. You will have the opportunity to grow professionally and personally.
In the afternoon, return to your hotel to relax by the pool or explore a local shopping mall.
Spend your final morning at the local school experiencing a day in the life of an Indian teacher as you team-teach your lesson.
Continue the magic in the afternoon. Take a walk through Delhi’s largest slum and be inspired by the incredible individuals you meet there.
To prepare for tomorrow's journey, pack a day bag with your essentials for your train adventure to Jaipur (our driver will meet us there).
An early start today. At 5:00am we depart from Delhi station. Grab a chai and settle in as you experience the iconic Indian rail system. You will travel by train to Jaipur (approx. 4 hours). Arrive at your heritage hotel. In the afternoon, visit a school located in the slums of Jaipur.
Interact with the staff and children, hear their stories, share a skill and be inspired.
Wake early to cook and distribute meals to street children (their only meal of the day). In the afternoon explore the capital city of Rajasthan. Visit the Hawa Mahal – the palace of the winds, travel to the magnificent Amber Palace or spend the afternoon relaxing at the hotel. (optional)
Visit the bustling local markets. Don’t forget to pick up a sari or kurta for our group photo in Agra.
Today is the day. Rise before the sun and experience the glory of the Taj Mahal at sunrise as you visit this magnificent UNESCO World Heritage site. Explore the wonderful site and of course take our group photo.
Observe the interesting fusion of Hindu and Islamic influences as you visit Agra Fort. The afternoon is free to relax by the hotel pool with views of the incredible Taj Mahal or venture out and explore more of Agra
Travel back to Delhi. In the evening we will meet for farewell drinks at a local hotspot.
Prepare to say goodbye to a group of people who were once strangers, but who have now become friends.
Wake early this morning for your mesmerising last experience in India.
Visit a Sikh temple and observe religious and community practices. Return to your hotel and soak in your final hours in India before making your way to the airport for your onward flights