India to Nepal Teacher Tour
This tour was created to give teachers the opportunity to journey through two magical countries, India and Nepal.
As well as exploring these two magical countries, you will develop a first hand understanding of their beliefs, traditions and customs as you are immersed in these rich cultures. You will grow personally and professionally over your 13 day journey from India to Nepal.
Tick off 20 hours of Elective Professional Development, as you take part in the included course; Being responsive to the needs and strengths of our diverse learners. Gain valuable knowledge about diversity and focuses on; mentoring, coaching, professional dialogue supporting teaching practice.
Some important information:
- This tour will commence in Delhi, India and conclude in Kathmandu, Nepal. Please be mindful of this when booking your flights.
- You are required to have TWO Tourist Visas for this tour. You will need to apply for a Tourist visa for India and a separate visa for Nepal.
- Visas are not included. Travellers are responsible for applying for their own visas.
- We require deposit to secure your booking. If you decide to cancel your booking, our cancellation fees will apply, as per our booking conditions.
- If you are an Australian teacher or educator, travel and tour costs may be fully tax deductible. Please see your financial advisor for further information and advice. After full payment is made, you will receive a full invoice as proof of purchase for tax purposes.
- All travellers must show documentation relating to Covid-19 travel requirements.
- If you are wishing to share accommodation with another adult, you are required to book as an 'adult'.
- If you do not wish to share accommodation, please book under 'single traveller'. This will require you to pay a single traveller supplement.
- As this tour visits organisations that work with children, we require all travellers to complete a Working with Children Check prior to commencement of travel.
- 20% will be charged 90 days prior to the commencement of the tour.
- 50% will be charged 65 days prior to the commencement of the tour.
- 100% will be charged 35 days prior to the commencement of the tour.
India and Nepal
Please arrive by 9:30 AM for a departure at 10:00 AM.
Approximately 10:00 AM.
Conservative, comfortable clothing, hat and light jacket, conservative clothing for School visits. Please see 'Travel Notes for a more comprehensive list.'
4/5 Star Accommodation
Meals as listed in itinerary
Return flight from Delhi to Kathmandu
International Flights, personal spending, tips, taxes
India to Nepal Itinerary
An early start today. At 5:00am we depart from Delhi station. Grab a chai and settle in as you experience the iconic Indian rail system. You will travel by train to Jaipur. Arrive at your heritage hotel, settle in and have some lunch.
In the afternoon, visit a local shopping hotspot. Don't forget to pick up a sari or kurta for our group photo in Agra.
Today is the day. Rise before the sun and experience the glory of the Taj Mahal at sunrise as you vist this magnificent UNESCO World Heritage site.
Spend a few hours exploring this incredible site, and of course take our group photo. The rest of the morning is free to relax by the hotel pool with views of the incredible Taj Mahal, or venture out and explore more of Agra. In the afternoon, observe the interesting fusion of Hindu and Islamic influences as you visit Agra Fort. Enjoy a rooftop dinner at a local hotspot.
At 9:00am, travel back to our hotel in Delhi. In the afternoon, relax by the pool or explore the local markets and pick up some treasures. Pack your bags tonight for your journey to Nepal tomorrow.
After breakfast, do some last minute shopping before you say fasewell to your fellow travellers. Soak in your final hours in Nepal before making your way to the airport for your onward flights.
Teach For India
Over the last decade, Teach For India has set up a Fellowship program that has proven impact for accelerating both Student learning and Fellow leadership development. More than 120,000 young people have applied to Teach For India’s Fellowship Program and currently, they have 900+ Fellows impacting over 32000 students in 260 under-resourced schools in India. TFI have 5200 Student Alumni. Since its inception 11 years ago, they have infused the system with more than 3400+ Alumni who have been running their very own schools and organizations, training teachers, designing policy and continuing to serve within classrooms, non-profits, and corporate institutions. Most importantly, they’re working together to collectively build a better India.