Join us for a fascinating 10 day tour through the heartland of the Khmer society. Visit Phnom Penh, Battambang and Siem Reap.
Pay It Forward Tours is pleased to announce our collaboration with the EAL/D mentor and respected educator, Cindy Valdez. We offer you a life-changing opportunity to take part in a unique Professional and travel experience.
Each day, more and more educators find themselves working with students whose first language is not English. Students from diverse backgrounds will continue to walk into our classrooms on a daily basis. Hence, as teachers, it is important that we develop an understanding as to how English learners develop second language literacy, and find ways to best support them on their journey.
Designing learning for ESL Students has three main aims:
- To identify the literacy and language learning needs of ESL students who are learning English.
- To design learning and teaching strategies that are purposeful and meaningful.
- To collaboratively plan and team-teach a learning sequence, provide feedback and share our reflections with colleagues.
- Visit a local school over 3 magical days. Here you will have the opportunity to take part in a school walk and visit local classrooms as they go about their daily activities.
- Team-teach with a local classroom teacher.
- Take part in a unique culinary experience as you attend a local cooking class.
- Explore the incredible Angkor Wat.
- Gain a deeper insight into the heart of the Khmer society by visiting the 'Killing Fields'.
- Visit 'Daughters Of Cambodia', a social enterprise empowering victims of trafficking.
- Feel the summer breeze as you take a ride on the open-air bamboo train in Battambang.
Some important information:
- This tour will commence in Phnom Penh. Please ensure you arrive at least one day prior to the commencement of the tour. It will run over the January school holidays.
- If you are an Australian teacher or educator, travel and tour costs may be fully tax deductible. Please see your financial advisor for further information and advice. After full payment is made, you will receive a full invoice as proof of purchase for tax purposes.
- All travellers must show documentation relating to Covid-19 travel requirements.
- If you are wishing to share accommodation with another adult, you are required to book as an 'adult'.
- If you do not wish to share accommodation, please book under 'single traveller'. This will require you to pay a single traveller supplement.
- As this tour visits organisations that work with children, we require all travellers to complete Working with Children Check prior to commencement of travel.
- 20% will be charged 90 days prior to the commencement of the tour.
- 50% will be charged 65 days prior to the commencement of the tour.
- 100% will be charged 35 days prior to the commencement of the tour.
Please arrive by 9:30 AM for a departure at 10:00 AM.
Approximately 10:00 AM.
Conservative clothing, hat and light jacket, Professional, conservative clothing for School visits
4/5 Star Accommodation
Meals as listed in itinerary
Activities as listed in itinerary
Flights, personal spending, tips, taxes
Cambodia 10 day Itinerary
Meet the group at 10:00am in the hotel lobby. Hop onto our private coach and take a tour of this amazing city. Explore the Russian and Central market.
Have lunch at an organisation that supports women who were victims of human trafficking. Hear their painful stories and be inspired by their strength. In the afternoon, visit the Royal Palace and Silver Pagoda.
Tonight, visit the local night markets. Explore the local handicrafts and be intrigued by the mouthwatering array of fried insects on offer. Take a stroll along the river and soak in the sights. Enjoy this beautiful city and a get run down of the adventures ahead.
Today, visit the “The Killing Fields” and Genocide Museum. Grasp a firsthand understanding of the atrocities that occured here. While confronting, and for some, distressing, a visit to these sites is necessary to truly understand the heart of the Khmer society.
In the afternoon, have lunch at a local restaurant. Take the opportunity to share your feelings and thoughts with the group after this mornings experiences.
After an early breakfast, set out for the trip from Phnom Penh to Battambang. Along the way, visit a clay village and buy some handmade clay handicrafts.
Arrive in Battambang in the afternoon. Relax by the pool before heading out to dinner along the peaceful river.
In the morning, take part in a unique culinary experience, as you attend a local cooking class. In the afternoon, put on your hiking shoes as you set out for a hike at Phnom Sampeau. Explore the limestone cave that sits perched on this mountain. This cave is a shrine to those who lost their lives during the war. Take the opportunity to burn incense and offer your blessings. In the evening, visit the local market and enjoy a relaxing dinner by the river.
At 8:00am, travel to Siem Reap. Settle into your hotel before travelling to the magnificent Angkor Wat, an awe-inspiring temple complex that is stunning for both its grand scale and its incredible detail. Explore this wonderful World Heritage site and surrounding temples. You may decide to stay for sunset and catch your own tuk tuk back to our hotel - Travel like a local!
*Breakfast & Angkor Wat Entrance fees Included.
Travel to the local school. Experience life in a Cambodian classroom. Improve your own practice as you undertake PL with Cindy Valdez - Design Learning for ESL Learners. Meet amazing teachers and become immersed in this unique experience. Relish the opportunity to grow both professionally and personally. In the evening indulge in a variety of Asian delights at a buffet dinner, then sit back and relax as you enjoy a Traditional Khmer performance.
*Breakfast and Buffet dinner Included.
Return to the local school. Take this wonderful opportunity to collaborate with the local teachers to create a lesson to be team-taught tomorrow. Make strong connections and form real bonds that will continue long after you return to your own classrooms.
Later, visit a local organisation that provides education and nutrition to children.
Spend your final morning at the local school experiencing a day in the life of a Cambodian teacher.
In the evening, visit the night market and explore the local handicrafts, clothing and jewellery. Later, enjoy a delicious meal and the bustling nightlife in “Pub street.”
Awake early for our trip back to Phnom Penh. Along the way, soak in the beautiful countryside and reflect on your journey through this amazing country. Appreciate the rich history and how it has shaped the resilient Khmer people. You now have a strengthened understanding of your own students and families back home. Let these incredible moments remain in your heart forever.
As the day draws to an end, take some time to relax by the pool, before heading out to one last amazing dinner with the group. Cruise along the Chaktomuk River. Prepare to say goodbye to a group of strangers, who have now become friends.
*Breakfast & Dinner cruise Included.
This morning is free to soak in your final hours in this amazing country.
Search for your last minute souvenirs, gifts and knick knacks before making your way to the airport for your onward flights.
*Our private coach will provide a shuttle to the airport at approximately 11:00am.