Sri Lanka Teacher Tour
Join us for a fascinating 13 day Tour of Sri Lanka. Nestling in the shade of rustling palm trees, a sparkling jewel in an azure ocean, a world of natural beauty and ancient wonders. Welcome to Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka is the ultimate holiday destination. It is an idyllic landscape with spectacular waterfalls, ancient monuments, emerald rainforests and glistening tropical beaches. Here you can experience a glittering tapestry of culture, a rich abundance of nature and the tantalising local cuisine.
- 13 incredible days exploring Negombo, Kurunegala, Dumbulla, Kandy, Maskeliya, Hikkaduwa, Negombo.
- Be guided gently through the breathtaking scenery of the incredible country and explore the cultural and natural wonders of this picturesque island.
- Discover the ancient Buddhist cities of Anuradhapura and Polonnaruwa, climb the spectacular Sigiriya Rock, become transfixed by the beauty of the tea producing highlands, and relax and soak up the sun on the stunning beaches of Sri Lanka’s south coast.
- Visit the incredible organisation 'Tea Leaf Vision' and witness first hand the work being done to provide free life changing vocational education programs to some of Sri Lanka’s poorest citizens quaint
- Visit the quaint seaside town of Negombo to the lush tea plantations of Maskeliya.
- Discover the history of Dambulla, climb the spectacular Sigiriya Rock, become transfixed by the beauty of the tea producing highlands and discover how local people are working together to support their most vulnerable, then relax and soak up the sun on the stunning beaches of Sri Lanka’s south coast.
- As well as having a much-deserved holiday, you will visit amazing organisations that have are designed to assist vulnerable members of the community. From visiting a local turtle conservation project for endangered baby turtles, to the tea producing highlands, you will discover amazing people doing incredible things. You will participate in daily activities at the organisations you visit, get involved in community projects and even try your hand at tea picking. Discover Sri Lanka, Book your life-changing experience today!
- 13 day tour of Sri Lanka
- All internal transport
- Private coach
- 3-4 star accomodation at Heritage Hotels
- Experienced travel guide
- Entrance fees to major attractions as specified in itinerary
- Meals as specified in itinerary
- Pay It Forward Tours travel gift
- Additional taxes - city taxes etc.
- Personal Spending
- Travel insurance
- Optional activity fees
- Single Traveller supplement
- If you are wishing to share accommodation with another adult, you are required to book as an 'adult'.
- If you do not wish to share accommodation, please book under 'single traveller'. This will require you to pay a single traveller supplement.
- As this tour visits organisations that work with children, we require all travellers to complete Working with Children Check prior to commencement of travel.
- 20% will be charged 90 days prior to the commencement of the tour.
- 50% will be charged 65 days prior to the commencement of the tour.
- 100% will be charged 35 days prior to the commencement of the tour.
Please arrive by 9:30 AM for a departure at 10:00 AM.
Approximately 10:00 AM.
Conservative clothing, hat and light jacket, comfortable walking shoes, Professional, conservative clothing for School visits
4/5 Star Accommodation
Meals as listed in itinerary
Activities as listed in itinerary
International Flights, personal spending, tips, taxes
Sri Lanka 13 day Itinerary
Travel to Kurunegala and settle into your hotel.
In the afternoon marvel at the worlds tallest sitting Buddha, the granite Samadhi Buddha statue. Later wander through the 2nd century Ridi Viharaya cave temple.
*Breakfast and Lunch provided
Travel through the Sri Lankan countryside to Dambulla. Visit the Dambulla cave temple, Sri Lanka’s largest, best-preserved cave temple complex. Experience a huge amount of personal satisfaction when you climb the mighty Sigiriya – Lion Rock.
Today, take a jeep safari in Minneriya National Park, which forms an ‘elephant corridor’ for the vast herds roaming the eastern region of the country. Keep your eyes peeled for elephants, leopards, macaques, langurs, sloth bears and spotted deer. In the afternoon hit the road to Kandy.
After an early breakfast, experience the Buddhist puja (blessing ceremony) at the Temple of the Tooth, the stunning 17th-century temple which houses the left upper canine tooth of the Lord Buddha himself.
After breakfast travel to Maskeliya. Along the way marvel at the awe inspiring views of the Sri Lankan high country. Settle into your guest house and soak in the amazing views. Later today make your first visit to Tea Leaf Vision. Meet the students,interact with the staff and children, hear the stories, share a skill.
Return to Tea Leaf Vision today. Become involved in the daily activities, learn about the difficulties of life in Maskeliya and the surrounding areas. Be moved by the strength and determination of the students of Tea Leaf Vision. Try your hand at tea picking!
Wake up very early today (around 2am) to climb to the soaring summit of Adam’s Peak (or sleep in and miss the breathtaking sunrise). Return to the guest house to share your trekking tales and a well earned breakfast before travelling to the beautiful seaside town of Unawatuna.
Today you are free to swim, soak up the sun, shop for trinkets or explore other beautiful beaches in the area.
* Breakfast provided
Today we make our way to Hikkaduwa. On the way visit the old Dutch fort and World Heritage Site, Galle. Spend a few hours exploring this fascinating fort town. After lunch, take a soothing boat ride through the mangrove forests of the Madu River. Enjoy the wildlife and stop at Cinnamon Island for an informative look at how cinnamon is produced.
Today you will have the rare opportunity to hold baby sea turtles at the Kosgoda Sea Turtle Conservation Project. See how disabled and injured turtles are cared for before being released back into the sea. Spend the rest of the afternoon on the beach ready to witness a spectacular sunset.*Breakfast provided
Time to travel back to Negombo. On the way stop at Colombo and see the major sights of this beautiful colonial city. Enjoy some last minute shopping before continuing to Negombo.
In the evening attend a farewell dinner. Say good bye to a group of people who were once strangers, but who are now fellow travellers.