India Traveller Tour
Namaste! India is a place to get out of your comfort zone, meet new people and try new things. Whether it is to see the “Crown of Palaces”, the Taj Mahal, visit Varanasi, the holiest of the seven sacred cities in Hinduism, share your knowledge in the quest to educate street kids or play a part in the empowerment of women, Pay It Forward Tours will get you off the all too familiar tourist path. You will be a traveller, not a tourist.
India is truly a country to get excited about and Pay It Forward Tours is one of the few tour groups that partner with various Indian based NGO's to allow their travellers to connect with the people of India. Immerse yourself in the cultural experience that is India. Once your foot hits the broken mosaic of pavements, and you smell the aromatic spices that linger as you walk through cafes and food stalls, a whole new world will open up to you.
Travelling in India is about unforgettable conversations with everyday people, slow internet connection, eating tasty morsels on the side of the road and a well-earned chai at the end of an amazing day. Pay It Forward Tours will lead you on a journey through this amazing landscape.
- Spend 10 Incredible days immersed in the rich culture of India.
- Visit organisations that work to eleviate the plight of the homeless and exploited children through feeding programs and educational support.
- You will have the opportunity to 'Pay It Forward' by preparing and distributing meals to the street children of Jaipur.
- Visit a Shanty “School” under the shelter of a tarpaulin and participate in activities at the school. Teach simple songs and games, or sit back and appreciate the efforts of local Teachers who dedicate their time at the school to give children access to free education.
- Take part in an eye-opening tour through the largest slum in Delhi. Meet locals and see the amazing work that is being done to assist widows and abandoned women to gain skills to help them find employment and provide for their families.
- Experience one of the best feelings in the world when you will visit an organisation that dedicates themselves to being advocates for children. This organisation acts as a transit home for children who have been rescued from child labour and homelessness. Here you will listen to some amazing stories of courage and hope.
- 10 day tour of Delhi, Jaipur, Agra, Delhi
- All internal transport
- Private coach
- 4 star accommodation
- Experienced travel guide
- Entrance fees to major attractions as specified in itinerary
- Meals as specified in itinerary
- International Flights
- Additional taxes - city taxes etc.
- Personal Spending
- Travel insurance
- Optional activity fees
- Single Traveller supplement
Some important information:
- This tour will commence in Delhi. Please ensure you arrive at least one day prior to the commencement of the tour.
- If you are an Australian teacher or educator, travel and tour costs may be fully tax deductible. Please see your financial advisor for further information and advice. After full payment is made, you will receive a full invoice as proof of purchase for tax purposes.
- All travellers must show documentation relating to Covid-19 travel requirements.
- If you are wishing to share accommodation with another adult, you are required to book as an 'adult'.
- If you do not wish to share accommodation, please book under 'single traveller'. This will require you to pay a single traveller supplement.
- As this tour visits organisations that work with children, we require all travellers to complete Working with Children Check prior to commencement of travel.
- 20% will be charged 90 days prior to the commencement of the tour.
- 50% will be charged 65 days prior to the commencement of the tour.
- 100% will be charged 35 days prior to the commencement of the tour.
Please arrive by 9:30 AM for a departure at 10:00 AM.
Approximately 10:00 AM.
Conservative clothing, hat and light jacket, Professional, conservative clothing for School visits
4/5 Star Accommodation
Meals as listed in itinerary
Activities as listed in itinerary
Flights, personal spending, tips, taxes
India 10 day Itinerary
Arrive in the incredible city of Delhi. Let your senses awaken as you make your way to the hotel.
Meet for a quiet chai and a "get to know you" chat at 1:30pm in the hotel cafe with your fellow travellers.
Head to Old Delhi to soak in the rich culture and history by taking a walking tour through its narrow lanes and bazaars. Visit India Gate and Jama Masjid.
Rise early this morning for a tour of the beautiful Red Fort. Take in the breathtaking views. After the walking tour, enjoy lunch at a local hotspot. In the afternoon, visit Jwalaheri market and pick up a bargain or two.
Continue the magic today. Take a walk through Delhi’s largest slum and be inspired by the incredible individuals that you meet there. Visit a school that provides education and hope to the children of the slums. Visit a vocational school that allows women to gain invaluable skills that will enable them to find employment and security for themselves and their families.
Wake early this morning for a mesmerising experience in India.
Visit a Sikh temple and observe religious and community practices. Later, explore the bustling shopping area of Connaught Place
To prepare for tomorrow's journey, pack a day bag with your essentials for your train adventure to Jaipur (our driver will meet us there).
Time to travel to Jaipur. At 5:00am we depart from Delhi Station. Grab a chai and settle in as you experience the iconic Indian rail system.
Arrive at your heritage hotel, then be introduced to the capital city of Rajasthan.
Visit an organisation that provides children with health care, education and a future.
Wake early to cook and distribute meals to street children (their only meal of the day). In the afternoon explore the capital city of Rajasthan. Visit the Hawa Mahal – the palace of the winds, travel to the magnificent Amber Palace or spend the afternoon relaxing at the hotel. (optional)
Visit the bustling local markets. Don’t forget to pick up a sari or kurta for our group photo in Agra.
Straight after breakfast, travel to Agra. On the way, visit the Chand Baori step well. Here you will see thousands of stone carved steps that were built over 1200 years ago. Soak in this medieval attraction. Continue on to Agra.
*Breakfast and lunch Included
Today is the day. Rise before the sun and experience the glory of the Taj Mahal at sunrise as you visit this magnificent UNESCO World Heritage site (or see it after a much deserved sleep-in). Explore the wonderful site and of course take our group photo.
Observe the interesting fusion of Hindu and Islamic influences as you visit Agra Fort. The afternoon is free to relax by the hotel pool with views of the incredible Taj Mahal or venture out and explore more of Agra.