Skill Share in Cambodia Traveller Tour
Join us for a fascinating 10 day tour through the heartland of the Khmer society. Visit Phnom Penh, Battambang and Siem Reap. This tour is designed for travellers to share their skills in this incredible country.
Visit a local NGO in Siem Reap where you will be given the opportunity to share your skills with local youth and adults.
- This incredible tour will run over 10 days January. Your Cambodian experience willcommence Wednesday 8th January, 2022 in Phnom Penh and conclude Friday 17th of January, 2022 in Phnom Penh.
- Visit a local organisation over 3 days. Here you will have the opportunity to take share your skills and make a difference.
- Take part in a unique culinary experience as you attend a local cooking class.
- Explore the incredible Angkor Wat.
- Gain a deeper insight into the heart of the Khmer society by visint the 'Killing Fields'.
- Visit 'Daughters Of Cambodia', a social enterprise empowering victims of trafficking.
- Feel the summer breeze as you take a ride on the open-air bamboo train in Battambang.
- If you are an Australian, your tour may be tax deductible. Please contact us for more information regarding your field of expertise.
- 10 day tour of Phnom Penh, Battambang, Siem Reap, Phnom Penh
- All internal transport
- Private coach
- 4 star accommodation
- Experienced travel guide
- Entrance fees to major attractions as specified in itinerary
- Meals as specified in itinerary
- International Flights
- Additional taxes - city taxes etc.
- Personal Spending
- Travel insurance
- Optional activity fees
- Single Traveller supplement
Some important information:
- This tour will commence in Phnom Penh. Please ensure you arrive at least one day prior to the commencement of the tour.
- All travellers must show documentation relating to Covid-19 travel requirements.
- If you are wishing to share accommodation with another adult, you are required to book as an 'adult'.
- If you do not wish to share accommodation, please book under 'single traveller'. This will require you to pay a single traveller supplement.
- As this tour visits organisations that work with children, we require all travellers to complete Working with Children Check prior to commencement of travel.
- 20% will be charged 90 days prior to the commencement of the tour.
- 50% will be charged 65 days prior to the commencement of the tour.
- 100% will be charged 35 days prior to the commencement of the tour.
Please arrive by 9:30 AM for a departure at 10:00 AM.
Approximately 10:00 AM.
Conservative clothing, comfortable walking shoes, hat, light jacket, professional/ conservative clothing if conducting training sessions.
4/5 Star Accommodation
Meals as listed in itinerary
Activities as listed in itinerary
Flights, personal spending, tips, taxes
Cambodia 10 day Itinerary
Meet the group at 10:00am in the hotel lobby. Hop onto our private coach and take a tour of this amazing city. Explore the Russian and Central market.
Have lunch at an organisation that supports women who were victims of human trafficking. Hear their painful stories and be inspired by their strength. In the afternoon, visit the Royal Palace and Silver Pagoda.
Tonight, visit the local night markets. Explore the local handicrafts and be intrigued by the mouthwatering array of fried insects on offer. Take a stroll along the river and soak in the sights. Enjoy this beautiful city and a get run down of the adventures ahead.
Today, visit the “The Killing Fields” and Genocide Museum. Grasp a firsthand understanding of the atrocities that occured here. While confronting, and for some, distressing, a visit to these sites is necessary to truly understand the heart of the Khmer society.
In the afternoon, have lunch at local restaurant. Take the opportunity to share your feelings and thoughts with the group after this mornings experiences.
After an early breakfast, set out for the trip from Phnom Penh to Battambang. Along the way, visit a clay village and buy some handmade clay handicrafts.
Arrive in Battambang in the afternoon. Relax by the pool before heading out to dinner along the peaceful river.
In the morning, take part in a unique culinary experience, as you attend a local cooking class. In the afternoon, put on your hiking shoes as you set out for a hike at Phnom Sampeau. Explore the limestone cave that sits perched on this mountain. This cave is a shrine to those who lost their lives during the war. Take the opportunity to burn incense and offer your blessings. In the evening, visit the local market and enjoy a relaxing dinner by the river.
At 8:00am, travel to Siem Reap. Settle into your hotel before travelling to the magnificent Angkor Wat, an awe-inspiring temple complex that is stunning for both its grand scale and its incredible detail. Explore this wonderful World Heritage site and surrounding temples. You may decide to stay for sunset and catch your own tuk tuk back to our hotel - Travel like a local!
*Breakfast & Angkor Wat Entrance fees Included.
Travel to a local organisation. This is your opportunity to take part in the upskilling of locals by sharing your skills.
Pay It Forward Tours will organise for you to connect with locals in your field of expertise. This is an opportunity to grow professionally and personally.
In the evening indulge in a variety of Asian delights at a buffet dinner, then sit back and relax and enjoy a Traditional Khmer performance.
*Breakfast and Buffet dinner Included.
Return to the NGO. Take this wonderful opportunity to collaborate locals. Make strong connections and form real bonds that will continue long after you return to home.
This evening is free for you to enjoy a meal in the popular restaurant district - "Pub Street"
Spend your final morning at the local organisation. In the evening, visit the night market and explore the local handicrafts, clothing and jewellery. Later, enjoy a delicious meal at a local restaurant.
Awake early for our trip back to Phnom Penh. Along the way, soak in the beautiful countryside and reflect on your journey through this amazing country. Appreciate the rich history and how it has shaped the resilient Khmer people. Let these incredible moments remain in your heart forever.
As the day draws to an end, take some time to relax by the pool, before heading out to one last amazing dinner with the group. Cruise along the Chaktomuk River. Prepare to say goodbye to a group of strangers, who have now become friends.
*Breakfast & Dinner cruise Included.
This morning is free to soak in your final hours in this amazing country.
Search for your last minute souvenirs, gifts and knick knacks before making your way to the airport for your onward flights.
*Our private coach will provide a shuttle to the airport at approximately 11:00am.
Feeding Dreams Cambodia
Feeding Dreams Cambodia is a non-profit, non-political, non-religious, non-governmental, “grass roots” organisation which focuses on holistic, sustainable development within the local community. Kerry Huntly, Blaed Huntly and Arlene Gormley founders and Directors of Feeding Dreams Cambodia, established this non-government organisation in 2012 to assist hundreds of starving children and their families from the Sala Kamreuk commune.
Feeding Dreams is registered with the Cambodian Ministry of Interior, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Tourism, and the Ministry of Labour and Vocational Training. Upon completion of our courses, students receive nationally recognized certificates of accreditation from supporting Ministries and Departments.