Heart of Nepal with Annette Udall
Join us for a 10-day journey through majestic Nepal.
This tour will commence in bustling Kathmandu. Here you will explore this vibrant city and have the opportunity to spend time working closely with teachers in a local Kathmandu school. You will then travel to the majestic mountainside town of Nagarkot where you will catch glimpses of the breath-taking Himalayas.
Do you have a passion for teaching? If you are a teacher, school leader or education professional, we highly recommend taking in this unique experience. This tour offer participants 25 hours of Teacher Elective Professional Development towards maintenance of accreditation at Proficient, Highly Accomplished and Lead.
During your 10 day tour of Nepal, you will take part in the Instructional rounds process, but the magic doesn't stop there. You will also explore the beauty and culture of Kathmandu, Bhaktapur, Nagarkot and Kathmandu.
Teachers are encouraged to plan an activity/ lessons and bring along some resources that can be left at the school for future use.
Some important information:
- This tour will commence in Kathmandu. Please ensure you arrive at least one day prior to the commencement of the tour. Please contact us to confirm the hotel we will commence the tour from.
- You are required to have and Visa to enter Nepal. These can be obtained prior to travel, or on arrival. They are approximately $25USD
- All travellers must show documentation relating to Covid-19 travel requirements.
- A percentage of your tour fee will be donated on your behalf to the organisations/ schools that we visit along the way - You are already 'Paying it forward'
- We require a deposit to secure your booking. If you decide to cancel your booking, our cancellation fees will apply, as per our booking conditions.
- If you are an Australian teacher or educator, travel and tour costs may be fully tax deductible. Please see your financial advisor for further information and advice. After full payment is made, you will receive a full invoice as proof of purchase for tax purposes.
- If you are wishing to share accommodation with another adult, you are required to book as an 'adult'.
- If you do not wish to share accommodation, please book under 'single traveller'. This will require you to pay a single traveller supplement.
- As this tour visits organisations that work with children, we require all travellers to complete a Working with Children Check prior to commencement of travel.
- Flights are NOT included.
- 20% will be charged 90 days prior to the commencement of the tour.
- 50% will be charged 65 days prior to the commencement of the tour.
- 100% will be charged 35 days prior to the commencement of the tour.
Please arrive by 9:30 AM for tour commencement at 10:00 AM.
Approximately 10:00 AM.
Casual, comfortable clothing, hat and light jacket, conservative clothing for School visits
4/5 Star Accommodation
Meals as listed in itinerary
Activities as listed in itinerary
Flights, personal spending, tips, taxes
Welcome to Nepal. Today you will meet the rest of the group for a tour around this beautiful city. Take an early morning walk around the inspiring dew dropped shaped Stupa at Boudhanath. Witness devout locals circling the Stupa as they spin prayer wheels to accumulate wisdom and purify negatives. Light a butter lamp and send a prayer where you wish. Travel to Swayambhunath Temple. Climb the 365 steps to meet some furry inhabitants, explore the temple and take in the incredible view of Kathmandu. Later, travel to Patan Durbar Square and be mesmerised by the beautiful architecture. Dine in one of many quaint restaurants overlooking the Square.
*Entrance fees included.
Today you will have the unique opportunity of visiting a local classroom here in Nepal. Let the excitement begin as you visit a local school and get to know the incredible teachers. Experience life in a Nepalese classroom. Take part in International Learning Observations: Instructional Rounds. Meet amazing teachers and become immersed in this unique professional learning experience. You will have the opportunity to grow professionally and personally. Afterwards, enjoy a picnic lunch with a picturesque mountain view!
*Breakfast & Lunch included.
Return to the local school. Today you will observe classroom practice. To extend this wonderful opportunity, collaborate with the local teachers to create a lesson to be team-taught tomorrow. Take this time to make real connections and form real bonds that will continue long after you return to your own classrooms.
*Breakfast & Lunch included
This is your time to shine. Teach a lesson on your own or team-teach one. Deliver your lesson with the lovely students you have had the amazing opportunity to get to know over these three days. Soak in this incredible experience.
*Breakfast & Lunch included.
Travel to the ancient city of Bhaktapur. Explore its many temples and pagodas. After lunch, travel to Bhaktapur square. Soak in the tranquillity of this beautiful place. In the afternoon, take part in a prayer flag ceremony. Send messages of love and compassion to be carried on the wind, bringing benefit to all.
*Breakfast & entrance fees included.
Rise early this morning to witness the majestic sunrise over the Himalayas. Catch a glimpse of the awe-inspiring Sagarmatha aka Mount Everest! After breakfast, take part in a yoga class with the best view in the world! Stretch, breathe and rejuvenate, as you soak in the sun and the majestic view of the Himalayas. Later, join the group as we take a walking tour through a popular trail with a view. Make sure you pack your walking shoes for today.
*Breakfast & yoga included.
Soak in the sights of this “Postcard Town”, before we journey back to Kathmandu. Today you will be given the opportunity to visit a local Hindu temple. Admire the art, murals and architecture. Witness sacred rituals at the temple of Pashupatinath. In the afternoon, head into the city with your tour leader and explore this ancient city. Pick up some handicrafts at the local markets and enjoy a chiya, or Everest beer at a rooftop cafe.
Visit a home for children that is supported by a group of kind-hearted Australians, ‘Food 4 Everyone’. Witness the support given to the beautiful children of Nepal. Today you will have the opportunity to truly ‘Pay it Forward’, as you assist the staff as they prepare lunch for the children. Serve the meals and immerse yourself in this experience. Hear stories of triumph and accomplishment. You will feel the richness and sincerity in the hearts of those you meet here.
*Breakfast & Lunch included.
Ever wished you had the opportunity to learn how to cook a Nepalese dish from a local? Well today is that day! Head to a cooking class where you’ll learn to cook Momos, Dal bhat, Samosas, and other local specialities. In the evening, meet for farewell drinks at a local hotspot. Prepare to say goodbye to a group of people who were once strangers, but who have now become friends.
*Breakfast, cooking class & dinner included.
After breakfast, do some last-minute shopping before you say farewell to your fellow travellers. Soak in your final hours in Nepal before making your way to the airport for your onward flights.